I have a Ubuntu 14 Installation running Confluence 5.10.7 which I would like to move into the Cloud.
I have moved many apache sites just fine, but I can't seem to get Confluence to work.
I have followed my steps to get it to install locally (but on Google Cloud) and couldn't get anywhere. Next I used deploy4me and go to the "install trial/production" screen.
I then moved /var/atlassian/* and /opt/atlassian/* and the confluence DB to the could instance. Restarted Confluence after importing the DB and all I get is the following.
com.atlassian.confluence.tenant.VacantException: Confluence is vacant, a call to tenanted
Which I read is about hostname not resolving, but I tried editing /etc/hostname and using "hostname" but I still get that error.
I'm lost and frustrated... I completely understand my home server setup, but everything seems wonky to me in "the cloud". I wish I could just import an OVA or RAW disk image, but even that seems require a Linux host w/ google CLI installation which means I'd have to learn that.
Can anybody give me an advice for setting up/migrating from local Confluence to Google Cloud Compute instance?
PS: The Google Cloud instance I am trying to use is Ubuntu 16. I have the instance still running and available for debugging.