We use an external system to issue Request For Change approvals - each RFC becomes a Project in JIRA, or other systems. Global reporting is based on intersecting and RFC number with a Sprint within a system. I would like to be able to record the corresponding RFC id with the creation of the JIRA project (key) such that every Issue Type created and run for that project would carry or roll up to that ID and could be intersected with another data point such as Sprint. I need this for external reporting aggregate. For example, our RFC system Issues an ID of RFC1000, a project is created in JIRA called Investments and Inquiries - Key INVMT. Ideally, every Test Case, Execution, Run, Status, Plan, would be traceable by the RFC1000 ID. So an outside engine could ask for Project filed x = RFC1000, Sprint = 1, give me Test Execution Statuses.
I hope that makes some sense, but is it possible and if so, how/where would the RFC number be stored?
Thanks,
Rob.