For example, if a draft page (behind an approved page) has not been advanced in some time, can the draft be removed without removing the entire workflow, and in the process losing the approved status on the original page?
Thanks
Hey Brian,
Is your team using Comala Workflows and Comala Publishing together? Not just Workflows on its own? Let me know and hopefully I can help
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply. We use Comala workflows as a plug-in with Confluence. I'm working in document control and I'm just looking for a way to clean up Draft pages that were started but never followed up on.
Best regards,
Brian
Hi Brian
I don't really see what is bothering you about old drafts tbh. For me thats the point of final versions; that drafts can't be seen by common users and don't need to be up to date until review and approval. But of course I don't know your exact use case.
Anyway if you don't mind cleaning manually you could just revert the page to the last published version. That way you can either leave the draft to be a copy of the approved page or approve it again to "remove" the draft completely. The latter leads to an additional published version though.
Possibly there's a more satisfying solution using Publishing or maybe Scroll Versions.
Thanks @Brian Acon. When it comes to Draft vs. Approved versions, Workflows doesn't actually keep two versions of the content. What the app does is control which version of the page users can see - either the earlier approved version, or the current draft page. Since it's the same content, and Workflows is simply controlling the version that users see, if you delete that page it will remove the content entirely, and no versions of the page will be available for users to access.
It seems like in your case you'll have to keep the draft versions around, in order to preserve access to their approved versions. I haven't tried this, but an admin could try to revert those pages to the last Confluence version that was the "approved" version.
Hi @davin
There is currently no 'Cancel Draft' or 'Delete Draft' capability in Comala Document Management. There are two approaches you can take:
Kind regards
JamesSenior Product Manager
Hi James,
Thanks for providing the tip to identify the last published version.
Just tried it out but seems like even after manually reverting back to the last published version, the current state doesn't change to the state of the reverted version (Published state). It just stays the same as it was before reverting.
Now, I know I can manually "admin override" it but that would trigger all the actions in the workflow for state-change to Published (Eg: send-email macro to watchers once page has transitioned to Published). Obviously I do not want to do that because I am not really making any new changes, rather doing the opposite and reverting to the last published state.
How do I work around this? A simple cancel draft functionality seems very rudimentary in this case rather than going through so many complications.
Hi @davin,
We currently do not have plans to introduce the ability to delete draft page versions in Comala Document Management. If you do not want to generate notifications of a new approved version I suggest that you do not approve the page until it has notifiable changes.
The link to the approved version will remain active and assuming you are using same-space publishing, page viewers will be automatically directed to the approved version of the page.
If you wish to discuss this scenario further, please do open a ticket with us at https://support.comalatech.com
All the best
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.