I am trying to migrate data from an external project via JSON. Obviously, older records have creation and updated date/time in the past and I would like to keep that history.
When I import data with the "updated" field set, then everything works fine:
{
"issueType": "Bug",
"externalId": "XXX-2",
"created" : "2012-08-31T17:59:02",
"updated" : "2012-09-12T15:20:12",
...
}I am now also trying to import epics and link issues to them like this:
{
"issueType": "Bug",
"externalId": "XXX-2",
"created" : "2012-08-31T17:59:02",
"updated" : "2012-09-12T15:20:12",
"customFieldValues": [
{
"fieldName": "Epic Link",
"fieldType": "com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link",
"value": "Epic Name of Linked Epic"
}],
...
}This imports the epic links fine, but epics and issues with epic links get their "updated" field set to the import date/time, rather than the specified (historic) date/time.
The issue's history show that "Epic Link" / "Epic Child" gets set with the current date/time.
This is hurting the import a lot.
Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround for this?