We have a growing Confluence footprint, that has been in PROD for years, which takes awhile to backup. I was looking at the DATA directory for old files. Any suggestions on what directories I can clean out?
What we are doing is to backup prior to an upgrade and then after the upgrade we:
1. Clear out the following DATA HOME directories:
analytics-logsexportlogsrecoveryrestoretempwebresource-temp
2. We use PostgreSQL and do a Vacuum of the confluence table
Is anyone doing anything else to keep the growth of the data set in check?
By default there is a nightly XML backup job that is saved in the backups directory beneath the data or Confluence Home directory. If you have a Production Backup strategy in place, you may disable the automatic back-ups and reduce your footprint.
Another growing data folder is the attachments folder, where attachments are stored. These should not be deleted but could contribute to the increasing storage needs.
Yes, we have a backup strategy outside of Atlassian and have turned off automatic backups. Thanks though cause I did have to check that!
If anyone has any other best practices, please comment. I'm going to close this now.
Hello,
I would like to do some house cleaning on the attachment versions. Some attachments are more than 10 deep. How to manage ? Any guideline suggestions ?
Such as:
If an attachment is 'x' amount of time old then reduce its version count to 'y'. where x could be 400 days and y could be 3.
Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.