I am creating a custom workflow which needs the customer who submitted the ticket to approve the quote before it goes to a manager for approval. I cannot seem to work out how to do this, any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben
Hi @Ben_Andrews
Please visit the below KB articles which were provided by Atlassian for the Approval process.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-jira-service-desk-approvals-832185058.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-approvals-816880004.html
Hi Ben,
If you want to show the transition to the customer in jsd portal, than follow the steps;
Also look at this page for approvals;
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-service-desk-approvals-938847527.html
Tansu
Hi Tansu,
This doesn't quite answer my issue. I need the customer to approve the issue. (i.e. Service Desk sends the client a quote for the work and the customer then approves this to move it onto manager approval)
Hi @Yogesh Mude,
This doesn't quite answer my issue. I need the customer to approve the issue. (i.e. Service Desk sends the client a quote for the work and the customer then approves this to move it onto manager approval). None of these documents explain how to assign the approval back to the customer
@Ben_Andrews,
did you view the links that Yogesh provided? You should be able to do the following:
I did view the links. How do I automatically set the customer to be the approver? I need this to be general case, not specific.
if you want the Requestor to approve then update the WF and choose Requestor for the appropriate status. If you need a customer other than the requestor then you need to add the specific name(s) to the custom field.
I don't have the Requester Option?
I can add a custom field called Requester but do not know how to automatically set that field to be the name of the customer/requester.
Hi @Ben_Andrews,
I had the same problem and find a solution if you still need it.
On the transition before your "approval status", add a postfunction to duplicate the value of the reporter field (or customer custom field) to your approvers field (or approver custom field).
Then the configuration is the same as any approvals setting.
Good idea, works. Thank you.
Hello
How can I add this post function, I don't see it in the post functions list when I click on add.
Thank you
Hi @ABA
It's Copy Value From Other Field
.
Hi! To set the requester as the approver, set up the "Approver" field as outlined above and then!
go to your workflow
on the create issue transition add a post function
choose "Copy Value From Other Field"
Source Field: Reporter
Destination field: Approver
check Copy within same issue
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.