I currently have a fast and reliable method of creating a test instance of Jira and Confluence from the daily backups. HOWEVER, I'd like to be able to make some changes to the test instances AFTER restore to test environment but BEFORE I start them so there is no "confusion" as it were. I suspect these are things I could do in the database and would create a SQL script to do them all. Specifically (for both Jira and Confluence):
- Turn off outbound mail (Jira only)
- Change system email addresses and passwords
- I have test env email addresses and passwords that use the same SMTP server as production. I can get the password hashes from the database if needed.
- Revert corporate branding colors and icons to default (for a visual cue that I'm NOT on the production instance when working with it)
- Add a notification banner to both indicating it's test and provide production link
- Change the application links and application menu