I want to add new category Pending. Need a guidance for the same.
The status categories in Jira are hard-coded. They are held in a config file, but even if you added "pending" to that, it would not do anything (other than show in a couple of places) without you re-writing swathes of code within the core of Jira.
Generally though, "pending" is usually a "to-do" status - it fits the definition of "something we need to look at, but we've not started, and may decide not to do"
Hi @[deleted]
Do you mean Category means Project Category?
What is that Category Pending? Or you want to add the Pending as an Issue status?
I want to mark few JIRA as Pending. So it tried to add category as Pending but I couldn't. Can i do it through workflow?
For this, you need to add the New Step ie Pending into the Workflow then it will show you in issue view screen.
To add the Pending in workflow please visit the below article.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/working-with-workflows-802592661.html
Thanks i added it through workflow
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.