I am trying to narrow down the scope of the AD schema settings by adding an Additional User DN and Groups DN - https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf510/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-829077943.html
I have it working great in Jira but not in Confluence (we are on version 5.10). Any addition of text to one of these fields produces a System Error - Cause is listed as "Stack Trace:[hide]"
Has anyone seen this and maybe knows how to solve?
Thank you,
I've implemented this before and worked, just need to know the OU that you want Confluence to search. You might need a call to support if you don't see anything in the logs.
It is supposed to work but won't accept anything in those fields. Where are the logs? Something I can see from the GUI or do I need to have server access, which I don't have.
<jira-home>/log/atlassian-jira.log
Is where the logs are, I don't remember 100% but I think you can do either or. Try just doing groups and try just doing users.
What are you using for usernames?
Just the prefix, email?
I would also update your version, 5.10 is pretty old.
This might be related to a known Jira issue. I know it is a Jira issue, but it could affect Confluence as well if the database column length is not enough.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/data-truncation-due-to-data-too-long-for-column-277253600.html
Bart,
I will see if I can get to the logs. Yes, the version is old
What I have in that field is this:
Base DN: OU=xx,DC=xxx,DC=xxxx,DC=xxxxx
Additional User DN: <blank>
Additional Groups DN: OU=zz,OU=zzz
No matter what I put in the "additional" fields I get a System Error - Cause is listed as "Stack Trace:[hide]"
Thanks, Davin. My strings are way shorter than 255 characters, even when combined.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.