Hello 
I'm working on a very big project as a student assistant in germany. The project contains over 100 work packages and every work package takes between 1-12month to finish. We work together as a consortium of multiple universities. I can not tell how many people are involved in the project, but i guess around 80-100 employees. The project lasts for the next 5years.
My boss asked me to get used to Jira and use it as a projectmanagementool for our project. (Yes thats a big task, but I really want to find a solution!) Until now I watched some Tutorials and tried to get use to the functions of Jira.
I would like to tell you about my idea how to solve this problem and ask you to tell me your thoughts related to my plan:
- Due to the fact that there are probably something between 5000-50000 issues in total , I want to create one Scrum board for every work package (which means I create around 100 Scrum Boards).
- I create a page on our confluence wiki with the following instructions: The leader of every work package has to create (inside their own bord) all the issues which are necessary to finish their work package. I guess something between 50-500 Issues per Package. (I would give the rights to work on and edit the board to the respective work-package-leader)
In my opinion every work-package-leader is able to control their progress and start sprints.
Do you think that this is the right way to implement the plan? Any recommendations or something? I would be really thankful for any advice!
Thank you so much in advance!