Hi,
Service desk systems générally use 3 levels: Category/Type/Item when categorizing a customer request.
How can i get these levels using Jira servie desk?
Thanks
I guess I need your definitions for CTI before I can answer completely. That said,
JSD offers a number of default fields and as many custom fields as you want. Default examples that likely apply:
I have already mentioned the definitions:
C: Category
T: Type
I: Item
see below for more information
http://www.itsmsolutions.com/newsletters/DITYvol6iss27.htm
@[deleted], the definitions are conveyed in the link so thanks for that. Category/Type/Item are simply words but the link conveys what you are looking for I gather. Reviewing that data convinces me that you can easily achieve your goals in JSD. While there are other ways to accomplish, if it were me I would likely do the following:
Category = Issue Type
Type = Request Type
Item = custom user field that is a drop down that meets your needs
There is also the Component field that could be used so another option is:
Category = Component
good luck!
Please note that they should be cascading fields and not simple drop down lists.
Here is what I found. I think it is what you are looking for:
https://denizoguz.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CBSV/pages/45075166/Category+Type+Item+Classification+in+Service+Desk
I'm not a fan of this approach. It seems sloppy and not as user friendly. We have the same issue and I may have to rethink this to use two categories, instead of 3. Using a second (or more) Service Desk portals/templates to help offset some of of the need.
Think...
- Application Development Portal (use to submit feature requests, repairs, new reports, etc.)
- IT Help Desk Portal (standard general help desk support)
- IT Projects Portal (intake for large project requests)
The entire toolkit to add this can be found here: https://denizoguz.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CBSV/overview
I may add this as a required field by the agent so I can still capture 3 levels post solution, and not require the end user to figure this out. That would simplify the usability and still capture the data I need for reporting.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.