Hello everyone
Is there any query that I can make with curl to get a user's password ?
Here is my curl query :
curl -u adminUser:adminPwd -X GET https://ci.mundiwebservices.com/jira/rest/api/2/user/search?username=hasnae.dada%40gmail.net
Thanks,
No. Jira does not store user passwords, so there is nothing to "get" here.
What are you trying to achieve? Should the users not be using the "forgot password" when they forget them?
Thank you for your response.I'm tryring to get a user password so he can access directly to his issues, I don't want him to go to the login page.Is there any solution I can do so I can get his password ?
You have to ask the user. As I said already, Jira does not store the passwords.
Where are you trying to "directly access the issues"? Is it a system which shares authentication with Jira? Could you enable SSO?
Yes we have a website that shares the authentication with jira, the user logs to the website, his username/password may not be the same as in JIRA only the email is the same for both, once he clicks on my issues in the website he gets his jira issues. it works for the admin because we know his password, we thought that JIRA stors the users and thier password(maybe encrypted).I don't think the SSO is the solution we don't have multiple application access.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.