When I add SSH key I receive the following msg:
Someone has already added that SSH key to another account
What should that other account be? I'm not aware to have other Bitbucket accounts
You need a new SSH key.
Hi Marinus, welcome to the Atlassian Community
I can see that your Bitbucket account already has some SSH keys added, so maybe you're trying to add the same one again, which Bitbucket won't allow. In that case you'll need to create a new SSH key following the steps at Set up an SSH key.
Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help!
Kind regards,
Ana
Why force a user to create a new ssh-key? Good to show a warning, but why can it be dismissed
Hi @Niels de Feyter,
The same SSH key can not be used in multiple Bitbucket accounts, so when you try to re-use it you'll get that message to let you know that specific SSH key is already in use. It's not that we want to force users to create more SSH keys, it's just the way it works.
Hope this clarifies your concern.
Best regards,
I know, but I have to because it's forced to use multiple bitbucket-accounts.
My case is that different clients gave me access to bitbucket-repo's via different email-addresses. I did not find out how I can add multiple e-mail addresses to one single account. That would be my preferred solution; just one account because it's just me having access to multiple repositories.
But now I have multiple bitbucket-accounts with multiple usernames and try to work with that.
So I went down the rabbit-hole and I searched and searched for solutions. But right now to best solution I have found is to override the key on my .ssh/config every time I switch accounts. To me that is just not user-friendly at all.
So would it be possible to allow reusing an SSH-key?
This is a really poor dreadful answer. Is there any good reason at all why this is the case?
Paul
I am also receiving this error message however when I go to https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/ssh-keys/ There are NO keys listed. Is there a way to reset the account somehow? (ie. Tell bitbucket atlassian that I do NOT have any keys )
This is terrifying and goes against the spirit of public keys.
This makes me nervous to keep using anything Atlassian. Yikes.
For me the solution was that the ssh key was installed per project and not per account. Once I went to the project specific keys then the key was indeed listed - and I was able to renew, delete, add the appropriate keys.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.