For security reasons, we cannot allow users to be impersonated by our admins. is there a way to disable the adaptvist scriptrunner's impersonate user feature ("Switch to a different user")?
Hi Christian.
As far as I know, this is not possible yet. However, I believe there is an issue in our backlog, that I'm ashamed to say that I can't find
If I find the issue I will post it here so that you can follow up. If you want, open a support ticket in our portal to ask for the feature.
Cheers!Dyelamos
I have opened SRJSUP-4888 for support.Jamie asked about adding an reference so it can be hidden by CSS in SRJIRA-2282 but it does not seem that there was more conversations on this ticket.There is the feature request SRJIRA-587 for improving security / permissions. However, our security organization would like us to disable this feature because of the potential of abuse.
I too would very much like to show interest in this. My organisation will not purchase this plugin for our use because of the ability to impersonate A N Other user. It simply introduces Risks that the business is not willing to take.
Is there an update on a backlog ticket number I could follow/watch?
Thanks
Scott
Hi guys, I've brought this up again in my company.
When I hear back from them I'll let you know.
Cheers!DYelamos
Hi @C
You can't necessarily stop your admins from enabling or disabling this option.The only way you could track that is via governance and auditing.
However you can disable the impersonate built-in script itself by disabling this checkbox in the ScriptRunner instance settings (see attached).
As stated, an admin could just re-enable this however this will at least be tracked.
Hope this helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.