Were currently using Confluence Server, authenticating via AD, and I've been tasked with migrating my org to Confluence Cloud. Because we have a JIRA cloud instance set up to use SAML already, its been decided that we will be using the same SAML setup for Confluence as well.
Our AD usernames currently include arbitrary numbers at the end of each username; and our JIRA setup currently uses a firstname.lastname setup for usernames. Because of this, anytime I try to test space imports on the cloud instance, I keep getting 'Unknown User (xxx)' as owning all of the pages/spaces. I've messed around with trying to change the userkey in the xml thats exported from the Confluence Server, but when I make any changes I get an "com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import: Error while importing backup: The scope of the import extends outside of the space." error upon import.
I also thought that this [https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-53910] might have been helpful, but that was no luck either.
So, my questions are:
Is there a way to change the creator/owner userKey of a space using the API or on import?
Is there a known process that can be used to account for the change in authentication method/username when migrating from Confluence Server to Cloud?
Any additional advice based on the situation would also be appreciated.