The new view released by JIRA - how can you edit the issue to change its Type (eg Story, Bug, Task, etc)? I now have to switch back to old view each time I edit an issue.
HI @Ian Carson,
Which hosting type you are using?
To edit an issue, you need the Edit Issue project permission for that project. If you do not have this permission, please contact your administrator.
Check the Edit Screen if it has the Issue Type on it.
Currently I just select "See Old View" where I can hit Edit and then change the Type. So I seem to have the permission to change the Type. It just does not seem to visible in the Edit view of the "new" view. That said, I may be missing something very obvious as I am new to JIRA.
Hi @Ian Carson,
Can you please attach the screenshot for the same.
Another way is To Search for issues --> select the issue that you want to Edit and then click on top right side Bulk Change choose the Edit operation and Edit the Issue type.
For this you should have Bulk change global permission and Edit issue permission.
Hope this screenshot helps.
Since this was the first google hit I got, I'll add an answer here. It's missing functionality. For now you can achieve it with "Move" via the ... menu in the top right, as long as you have the right permissions.
Feature request to add the functionality to the new view is here if you feel like upvoting it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70123
Thanks @Paul Mc Galey I have voted.
i already checked, unfortunately its not there to be selected. I have to see, wether there is some other way to include it into the issue view.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.