Every time I want to read an attachment, the file downloads to a download folder by default. Is there a way to update this globally so these "read" files go to a temp directory that gets purged?
Goal: To keep C: storage clean
Thanks,
Jon
Hi Jon,
This needs to be configured on your computer itself. It's not something that Confluence can even control.
If you let me know what OS you have I might be able to provide you with a set of instructions to do that and how to set it up to purge automatically.
Shannon
I do realize now you mentioned your C: drive which means you're likely on Windows. Can you still confirm your OS version and also the browser you're using? This way I can maximize possible solutions for you.
@Shannon S Windows 7
Thank you, Jonathan.
This will also depend on your browser, which is why I was asking which one you are using earlier.
If you're just using Internet Explorer, you can change the path (for all downloads, not a specific domain) by following this article.
If you have Chrome, you could specify a different folder for specific domains by using an add-on such as Downloads Router.
Finally, to delete files after a period of time, you could run a script. Have a look at this article.
I hope that helps but do let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.