Is there any place to see what all changes have been made to the JIRA Server which triggered indexing
I'm afraid this isn't a clear question.
Which indexing are you talking about? If it's an index event for a single issue, then the answer is "a user did something to change the data on the issue". If it's foreground or background indexing, then the answer is "one of your administrators clicked index"
But I'm not sure that you're talking about any of those. Could you explain further?
I am talking about background indexing. On the Admin console of JIRA, I found Indexing message due to some changes in cutom fields by one of the jira admins. I would like to know the specific cause of the Indexing message.
Ah, yes, the "you need to reindex" message.
There's not currently any way to see what action was taken to make this happen. You do know it's a change to a field context or searcher (including adding fields), but not who did it.
I understand Atlassian are looking into adding some "admin audit trail", but for now, you'll just have to ask your admins who amongst them has been tinkering with fields (shouldn't be too bad if you've got the recommended number of admins - less than 10)
Thank you Nic.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.