I'm trying to follow the instructions here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/12/automatically-create-linked-issues-from-new-requests) to automatically create linked issues, but my list of "THEN" options does not include "Create issue". What am I missing? This is a server install with all components (Jira Core 7.9.2, Service Desk 3.12.2, and Software 7.9.1) installed on the same machine. Am I missing something?
That particular blog exists in the /servicedeskcloud/ space. In turn feature is specific to Atlassian's Jira Service Desk Cloud offering. Unfortunately, this feature does not yet exist for Jira Server at this time. There is a feature request to add this to Jira server in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4673
I would recommend watching and voting on this issue. Should this feature come to Jira Service Desk Server, I would expect this issue to be updated to a fixVersion value to indicate which version might gain this feature.
Not really the answer I wanted, but certainly explains the problem. Thank you for clarifying.
nearly 1 year later...
Any idea if this will be considered in a near future?
It's difficult for me to understand why this feature is only available for the cloud version! Many functionalities are available in the cloud version but not the server version.
Is the reason for this that cloud customers are paying more than server customers?
If i would have our Jira SD working like we would be, we would have to pay +2000$ of add-ons each year! That is really too ridiculous for words. :-( Really frustrating!
Any further updates to this? I am evaluating JIRA SD Cloud but this feature is still not there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.