G'day all,
I have an situation where by for one give issue type I need to not allow a given version/release to be specified for any of the release fields. (Affect/s version, Fix version/s, our custom version/release types)
The only way I could think of is essentially each transition throughout the workflow create a script runner validator for each release field type that ensures the incorrect version was not chosen.
I have two concerns with that solution. 1. It is long and will be a pain to maintain as it is several validators on every transition. If a new transition is added it must get all the validators, etc. 2. It really only prevent transitioning with an incorrect release, I would really prefer the release not even be visible in the selection.
I would think others would have this problem/need as well, as I see this as a somewhat common problem, limiting version based upon issue type.
Any help is always truly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert