Intro: I am a part time linux admin with relatively less experience. Recently I have been assigned the task of making JIRA available to users outside our network.
I understand that this task involves multiple aspects and tasks to do. So far I have not had much luck finding assistance in other posts. Hence I am making this post here.
It is my understanding so far that I need to:
1. Link a second IP address to my JIRA installation. First one is used for internal only. I create a second one with the intention of opening up that port to the external network.
2. JIRA installation is currently set up to port 8099. I need to edit the server.xml file to port 80 for internal and external traffic
3. Update the JIRA base URL.
4. Setup SSL certificates for HTTPS.
Is this accurate? or am I missing some steps?
Note: this is running on a Centos machine. Also the IT department is working on DMZ firewall and ASA rules so routing will work both inside and out.
Any advice?