why is the behavior different from the edit version message type foeld which does not show the field name.
I am sorry, but this does not make any sense. What behaviour? Different to what?
Hi Nic,
There are two types of message type fields one for edit screen and the other for view screen.
The message type for edit screen does not show the field name just the field value .
The message type for view screen shows the field name in addition to the field value,
thanks.
Which field shows what depends on what the screen "type" is.
What types of screen are you looking at here?
Although you will see us talk about four "types" for them (Create, Edit, View and Transition), there's another classification above that, which is where the "message field" is talking. Create, Edit and Transition are all "Edits" and View is View. It's rather frustrating to explain that, as the words are the same on both levels
My understanding was that the custom message type edit field shows up in the Create, Edit screens and not in the View screen. I do not have a transition screen so I do not know the behavior.
I duplicated these fields (which just displays text) with the custom field message type view for the View screen. I have the field names appear in this view.
Please can you let me know if the screen shots helped understand my problem.
Let me try to explain again.
Message type fields can be view or edit.
When I have the message type edit fields in my screen, the field name part is not displayed in edit mode .It just displays the field value. Since I use this field to display information on my form, it is helpful not showing field name.. I guess this the only type of field where the field name is not displayed.
whereas the message type view field displays both the field name and field value like any other field type. I would like to figure how to configure to not display field name.
I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks,
Usha
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.