I've had a Confluence installation for just over a year and the time has come to move infrastructure. Docker Compose is what I'm now using and the only remaining services I need to convert is Confluence and JIRA.
The main reason for this is portability - I don't like having system-wide installations like Postgres and I'm not a fan of how I have confluence set up currently - it's a bit of a pain to configure with my new reverse proxy. Hence the push to move everything to Docker and Compose so I can (in theory) take the compose file and deployment config to another server and spin up everything just in case the worst happens.
So my question is: Is this even possible?
I've got Postgres moved over pretty easily, and I thought everything was stored there so I spun up a fresh instance of Confluence and pointed it at the database assuming it would just pick up where I left off - nope, it just told me there was an existing confluence table and that I must start from scratch.
So it seems confluence is storing state elsewhere - configuration I assume. I then tried to mount the contents of the original installation (from `/var/lib/atlassian/application-data/confluence`) into the container at the correct location at `/var/atlassian/confluence` and that resulted in a ton of exceptions.
Just a side note: I'm using the "cptactionhank" Confluence and JIRA Docker images as they seem to be pretty actively maintained and I could only find an official Confluence image on the Atlassian Docker Hub but no official JIRA image.
So is this even advisable or should I just do a completely fresh install? Is there any way I can bulk export all the existing spaces and then import them after I have a fresh Docker install?
Thanks!