The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.The proxy server could not handle the request GET /confluence/.
Reason: Error reading from remote server
Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at confluence01.ber.office.redknee.com Port 80
That's a proxy server essentially saying "I asked Confluence, but it didn't want to talk to me". The proxy logs might tell you the basics (no response, or got rubbish), but you should start with the application logs.
Look for <confluence home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log first - that will usually have errors in it to tell you what is going wrong in Confluence. (If not, then check other files in that directory and <confluence install>/log/catalina.out)
Hi thanks Nic...I am not a confluence expert nor admin...just trying to start it up...I did notice the following in the logs...catalina.out
SEVERE: The web application [/confluence] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.atlassian.confluence.concurrent.ThreadLocalMap] (value [com.atlassian.confluence.concurrent.ThreadLocalMap@3d72abea]) and a value of type [java.util.HashMap] (value [{}]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Those errors almost always happen on shutting down, rather than starting up. Although they're a bit of a pain, we're more interested in the server start process. Was there much in atlassian-confluence.log?
Nothing of much interest in that confluence.log im afraid to say.
I dont even know where or what to look at. And our entire environment is down people cant work! What a disaster!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.