Hi,
I believe this is a portfolio limitation, but would appreciate confirmation of this, and any suggested best practices.
I am trying to use shared teams, e.g. with testing resources in the Test Team and development resources in the Dev Team. This feels like a logical use of shared teams.
A single Portfolio Plan has its Issue Sources set to 2 different boards, because the portfolio plan is tracking a single business project that requires a synchronised release of 2 different applications, both with their own JIRA project and board.
I need the ability to assign issues from either board to members of a single shared team.
But when adding a Shared Team to the Portfolio Plan, I have to associate one single board to that team. This makes it impossible for a single member of a shared team to be assigned to issues from different JIRA projects / boards. I hope I am missing something obvious because this feels like a very significant limitation.
The only workaround that I can see is to create a single consolidated board that includes issues from both JIRA projects that are relevant to my Portfolio Plan, and then point the Plan at that single board. This does not feel entirely practical.
Many thanks in advance,
Andy