Say, if I wanted to search issues that were resolved between 08:00 and 16:00, how would the syntax look?
I've found out how to search specific times, but thats not really helping.
hope you guys can help.
resolved > startOfDay("+8h") AND resolved < startOfDay("+18h")
Hi Geir-Stian and milowe,
@milowe, I think your syntax for the 'startOfDay()' function is correct, but according to our Advanced Searching page in our JIRA documentation (which is effectively a JQL reference guide), I don't believe you can use the 'resolved' field with the 'startOfDay()' function together in a JQL clause.
Try the following syntax instead:
resolved > "yyyy/MM/dd 08:00" AND resolved < "yyyy/MM/dd 16:00"
where 'yyyy/MM/dd' represents the date - e.g. the current date.
See the 'Resolved' field on the 'Advanced Searching' page for details.
Cheers,
Giles.
P.S. Having said that, please correct me if I'm wrong (so we can fix up the documentation :-) ).
Well Giles, your are supposed to be the expert
Your example is correct for any Jira version.
The example I provided is valid for Jira version 4.3+ when I think relative dates such as startOfDay was intoduced.
The relative dates are more useful if you use filters since you dont have to retype the dates for each search.
I forgot to mention that I actually tried my jql query for correctness before posting.
Aha - thank you milowe! Looks like our documentation needs updating :-) Will get on to that.
Thanks!
Hi All,
Above examples shows only how to search issues from certain day.
What if i would like to search for all issues ever, created between 08:00 and 16:00.
Cheers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.