We have our test environment setup as follows:
JIRA and Confluence are setup on the same server box. Thus both apps will share their machine's ip (except for the port numbers are).
I've configured on application links on both apps, setting up trusted applications, and they're configured properly - no issues.
However when trying to test this, I logged onto Confluence, created a page, go to Insert -> Jira Issue, I could not find any JIRA issues in the dropdown list.
I looked up the atlassian-confluence.log file, and I found this line.
WARN anonymous 871x6512x1- xxxxxxx /sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml [auth.trustedapps.filter.TrustedApplicationFilterAuthenticator] Failed to login trusted application: confluence 9123435 due to: com.atlassian.security.auth.trustedapps.InvalidCertificateException: Request not allowed to access URL: /sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml
I set the URL Pattern configuration settings for JIRA as folllows:
/plugins/servlet/streams, /sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest, /secure/RunPortlet, /rest, /rpc/soap,
I still could not understand why it doesn't work despite the above setup. And I can confirm that our JIRA's database is prepoulated with lots of JIRA issues so the database could not be empty.
So what's wrong with our trusted authentication setup? Any ideas??