I'm looking for a little help/guidance
I've been using Jira for a while but only as a user take task and completing them.
I've never starting a project from scratch and I do have to now.
What I'd like to know is what labels each of the following would be
Example Project: Build a website for shopping site
+Create Project called New WebSite Shopping - NWS
So i know the project will be called New Website shopping ( I think this is correct )
For this example lets say I'm breaking the site down to these large bit of work
User Interface
User Create account
Shopping catalog
Payments gateway
Would these be classed as EPIC's ? or am I thinking about this wrong ?
What I was going to do is add those Epics.. and then add user stories/task for each bit of work needed for each EPIC.
But I think i'm using the EPIC incorrectly.
As when i added the EPIC's it added the NWS-1 and NWS-2 and when I added a task I couldn't attached it to an EPIC to show it's a story related to the EPIC.
If i'm doing it wrong and I think I am what it the correct way to do this ?
Lets say I've broken my project into 4 main areas listed about and each has 20-30 task/stories related to them. Should I just add all stories to the project and work from there ? or is there a better way ?
thanks and sorry for the long post