Good day.
I have a question regarding any known issue for an use case of Jira and Confluence on the same Oracle database, with different schemas. Are any known issues regarding this particular configuration?
Thank you
Hi Laurentiu,
The very first issue is if it happens that your DB crashes you will lose both Apps. It is never the best configuration
Thank you for your answer. At the moment there is one oracle server available, I understant the downside, there is not much that can be done about that. Other than this should be any other concern regarding this configuration? Known issues/buggs?
Other than the issue I mentioned above I don't think there will be any problems.
Thank you kindly
My pleasure
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have more questions, if I am unable to help I can ask for assistance from more advanced Atlassian Pro.
Thank you for accepting my answer!
Corporations company Pajenterprises LLC Inc investors responsible to team's and groups welcome
I was thinking above another risk, when you are upgrading jira or confluence, we have to do both simultaneously if the database is being shared. Say if current version of Jira and Confluence is running on oracle 19. Next version of Jira requires oracle 21. we cannot just upgrade Jira as there is Confluence dependency.
@Laurentiu Nicolae @Tinker Fadoua I was thinking above another risk, when you are upgrading jira or confluence, we have to do both simultaneously if the database is being shared. Say if current version of Jira and Confluence is running on oracle 19. Next version of Jira requires oracle 21. we cannot just upgrade Jira as there is Confluence dependency.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.