I have deleted the description for a couple custom fields, but the description still shows when creating / editing a task. Environment has been re indexed.
Any suggestions?
Go to your field configuration for the project, there you can remove the incorrect description. The Custom Field Description in the Field Configuration is overwriting the Custom Field Description from the Custom Fields configuration page. Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/custom-field-description-is-displaying-incorrectly-in-issue-screen-833986770.html
FYI: Since this was a lightly used new field in a test project, I deleted and recreated these.
I would still like to know how to resolve if this was a widely used field. Kind of wondering if inputting a space would have resolved.. hmm...
Hi Jonathan,
If you have already tried reindexing Jira, I usually use the add-on Scriptrunner, it has an Built-in Script that cleans the Jira cache that usually solves this kind of thing.
Give it a try!
Yup; I had reindexed - without luck. If this happens again, I will look into your suggestion + Mikael's post. Thanks!
Nice, thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.