I'm composing meeting notes to share with my team and the editor keeps overwriting when I try to go insert text in my notes–driving me mad. How do I change from overwrite to insert?
It's not the editor that is the issue. It's your keyboard. There is an insert button on your keyboard that toggles between insert and overwrite.
image2014-10-10 12:48:38.png
I'm on Chrome and I had this issue. It's definitely not my keyboard/browser. I pressed the insert key several times and couldn't get it to go away. I switched over to Gmail to compose an email and it wasn't in insert mode.
The only solution I could find was to logout of JIRA and log back in again. That seemed to make it go away.
I encountered this issue as well.
Same here
Same problem. This slows the work down a lot is just hugely annoying...
Had the same issue. ctrl + f5 fixed it.
Same problem had to logout/login, it's 2019 well
Issue persists. Not a keyboard problem, as I don't get the issue in any other app (for example, this textbox)
Confirmed that logging out and back in fixes it.
Same issue.Logging out and back in fixed it for me.
Please fix this! It's killing me...
Logging out and back in is the fix...
Same issue on Chrome et Jira cloud.Logging out and back in fixed it for me.
It's killing me too! Please fix this.
Actually, there is a fix. I am damn sure. Had the issue for weeks until I got some help and had done something very easy... Fix is permanent and didnt happen for probably a year now...
Logging in and out worked for me too. Thanks!
Also experienced the bug, it is annoying and not the fault of a keyboard setting.Logging out and logging in back again fixed the issue.
Also worked for me.
pressing the arrow keys with the left mouse button pressed, fixes it. can't remember which arrow key though.. it just happened. Try out the combinations and see.. :-) good luck!
Same issue here. I could toggle it off in every editor, including the one I used to give feedback in Confluence, but the editor in Confluence remained in Insert mode.
Logging out and back in fixed it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.