Hi
Currently are using the Jira 6.4 version which was purchased in 01/Sep/13 and its license is expired on 01/Sep/14. We want to migrate to latests Jira cloud version , Since our license is expired , can we renew the existing license and start upgrade from 6.2 version to 7.0, which is mentioned in below documentation
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/upgrading-jira-applications-749382701.html
or should we buy the new license?
please provide your inputs for our smooth migration to latests cloud server.
Thanks
Saikrishna
You will need to upgrade Jira to 7.0 first before you can begin to think about migrating. In order to do that, you need to have applied a valid (not expired) license first. You can just use an evaluation license to do this upgrade. You can generate these at https://my.atlassian.com
These licenses are only valid for 30 days, but that should be more than enough time to get Jira upgrade and then migrated to Jira Cloud.
I recommend that you follow these steps:
Once all that is done, you should be ready to migrate to Jira Cloud.
Thanks Andrew, Appreciate your reply, I will try to upgrade as per the mentioned steps.
Hi Andrew
I have upgraded from Jira6.4.2 to Jira7.0 as per the mentioned steps, Everything looks good except the below issue, On the Login page of JIRA dashboard, below message is seen in Pie-charts section
Unfortunately, one or more of your preferences are now unavailable. Please update your preferences, or remove gadget by clicking delete from the title bar above.
I have seen the Jira logs, but no clue over it why it is coming.
Changes were made to Jira between the versions in order to change how users are granted access to Jira and who can see issue data in Jira. There is a bug for this behavior in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-45227
Basically I suspect that your account does not currently have access to see the filter that gadget is using. That would explain this error message. I would recommend editing the gadget to see the filter name in use there. Then see if your account can view that filter in the issue navigator.
I would recommend having the owner of that filter make sure that the filter is actually shared with your account, group, role in Jira. I think that should help avoid that error.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.