I just want to move an entire table to the right ? Can this be done somehow using spacebar or tab keys ? What's the easiest way to accomplish this ?
Victor's solution is more elegant but an expedient method is to select the entire table then click "align right" in the toolbar:
Edward,
Go to Page Layout, Add Section then add Two Column Section. Your section will now have 2 columns. Copy and Paste your table onto the second column.
Please let me know if it works.
Thanks
Victor
Victor,
I tried the actions suggested in your answer, but it didn't work.
If it were just a line of text, I could achieve this by placing spaces or a tab (or two) in front of the text. Am just trying to achieve the same thing with a table.
Your answer seems to imply padding the table with a couple of empty columns on the left. That would push the other columns to right, after which I could then delete the two empty columns. - Did I interpret your suggestion correctly ?
Thanks.
Ed
Please see attached image.
Ann,
Perhaps I'm a bit thick-headed. I tried your suggested action, but that merely moved the contents of the table to right. - It doesn't move the entire table to the right, which is what I'm trying to achieve. Just a thought - Maybe I should start with an empty table and try to move it to the right ...?
Thanks for your idea.
You have to kind of highlight a line above the table to get the table selected. It doesn't have to be empty.
That did work exactly as I wanted ! - However, placing the cursor above the table (and not at the left-most column of the table) is a bit odd or counter-intuitive.
Nonetheless, it works. So, thanks for your help.
I had to insert a carriage return (blank line) above the table before I could select it.
Our posts crossed Glad to hear it worked!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.