Hi All,
Hopefully you can help me out here, I've had a google around and haven't seen any answers to this so far (apologies if it has been answered elsewhere).
We already have an instance of JIRA Server installed in our organisation and are hoping to add JIRA Service Desk Server to the mix for a small team of 3 tech support guys.
The idea is we want to integrate the 2 systems so that tech support can raise issues to the Dev team on the existing instance and vice versa.
Obviously the Service Desk Application needs a database to write to, do I just point it at our existing MySQL database? Or do I need a seperate instance?
If it's seperate how am I going to be able to pass issues between the 2?
Or am I barking up completely the wrong tree, as I understand it the service desk is the same as JIRA server with a coupla plugins so would it be better to just add said plugins to our existing server? Is this possible?