I'm building my pipline to create a docker image, then push it to AWS. I have it broken into steps, and in Bitbucket, you have to tell it what artifacts to share between them. I have a feeling this is a simple bug, but I just cannot figure it out.
It's failing at 'docker tag' in step 4 with:
docker tag $DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME:v.$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER $AWS_REGISTRY_URL/$DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME:v.$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER
Error response from daemon: No such image: projectname:v.11
Basically it cannot find the docker image created...
Here's my pipeline script (some of it simplified)
image: atlassian/default-image:latest
options:
docker: true
pipelines:
branches:
dev:
- step:
name: 1. Install dotnet
script:
# Do things
- step:
name: 2. Install AWS CLI
script:
# Do some more things
- step:
name: 3. Build Docker Image
script:
- export DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME=projectname
- docker build -t $DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME:latest -t $DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME:v.$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER .
artifacts:
- ./**
- step:
name: 4. Push Docker Image to AWS
script:
# Tag and push my docker image to ECR
- export DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME=projectname
- docker tag $DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME:v.$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER $AWS_REGISTRY_URL/$DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME:v.$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER
- docker push $AWS_REGISTRY_URL/$DOCKER_PROJECT_NAME:v.$BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBERNow, I know this script works, but only if I remove all the steps. For whatever reason, step 4 doesn't have access to the docker image created in step 3. Any help is appreciated!