We are creating users via API into jira. After every creation the added user receives an email with a password change link. We would like to change this. Either changing the text inside the mail to remove the 'set password'-link or to disable the mail notification.
a) What's the preferred way of changing the mail send out to new users?
I see WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/[html|text]/usercreated[-nopassword].vm. How do i change JIRA to use usercreated-nopassword.vm instead of usercreated.vm?
I could overwrite usercreated.vm, sure. But i would like to know the official way.
b) Is there a chance to disable sending out user creation mails in jira? If yes, how? (I know there's a checkbox for manual created users but as explained above we do this via API and i didn't see an option for this.)
Thanks.
(If there are already FAQs or answered questions for this, please point me to it. I couldn't find it yet. Thx.)