Hello,I posted my questions few moments ago https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/GROOVY-Sprint-removing/qaq-p/793374#M256024 and immediately i got marked as SPAM , can somebody tell me why? This is really important to me and my team Thanks in advance,Maciej
There's a lot of reasons a post might be marked spam, the algorithms are not simple, but not spectacularly clever either. Posts with external links or code or random words are the main triggers, but there's also volume of repetetive text or even things like [] in titles instead of using labels.
I've had a look and un-spammed your posts. (There's a lot of junk at the moment, looks like some salesman has decided to attack us)
I was also following someone's else question, and some weird notifications kept coming but no updates were made on the post.
Next thing I know that was marked as spam.
and the guy keeps commenting but I can't access it.
this is kind of annoying because i didn't even get reason
thank you!
Hi Nic,
Do you mean that posts containing code blocks are likely to be marked?
My understanding is that it's a weighting system. It looks for various patterns in the postings and if it finds one of them, it adds a certain weight to a counter. Once the weight goes over a threshold, it's treated as spam.
Code blocks have a bit of weight, but that has been reduced. Code inside the code macro/formatting has even less weight (possibly 0?)
Hopefully, us removing spam from the list helps it learn!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.