Hi,
We are planning to upgrade to latest version from confluence 3.4, is it possible to upgrade without any interruptions with same license.
If yes, kindly let me know procedure for the same or if you have script share with me
Thanks!
Vamsi Krishna
There is an open ticket requesting this information currently:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-52686
I think it will be very difficult to do with Confluence.
Here is a guide on how to do it for Jira:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-zero-downtime-upgrades-861253112.html
I'm not sure about your case, as if even the license is valid, 3.4 has reached EOL way back ago.
In theory a zero downtime upgrade of a non data center product would consist of building a parallel environment and switching IP/ports after the migration is done.
This is if you are running Data Center, which at 3.4 I think it wasn't available yet.
It cannot be done with such an old version of Confluence.
You will need to upgrade it to 3.5, then 4, then 6.0, then 6.9. To get "no downtime" upgrades, you have to be on Data Centre as well, which arrived around 5.8, so you might consider moving to that when you reach 6.0
Thanks for the information, I am very happy with your explanation.
Can you provide step by step documentation or script for the same as I am not sure about atlassian products.
FYI : using MySQL 5.0.95, does it support for 6.9?
Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.