I have a workflow I have been using about a month with no problems. Today one of my transitions is not showing up all of a sudden. I have no conditions set on this transition. Any thoughts on why this is happening? The workflow has not been modified and I can clearly see the transitions and statuses in the diagram.
You may have somehow lost the Resolve Issues or Close Issues permission.
That may happen with changes on:
Are you a Jira Admin on that instance? If so, may you possibly check those permissions with the permission helper?
Are there any other transitions showing at all?
Yes it is strange, I go all the way from DEV, QA, UAT, Review, Awaiting Deployment, but my final "In Production" transition doesn't show up. It was working fine last week I have no idea what to check that I haven't already.
Sorry, I meant transitions out of the current status? Are there others? If so, are they showing?
Yes, there is a transition to a previous status that does show up, just not the final one to production
Yes I am a Jira admin, not a global admin but regular admin.
I'll check with permissions helper thx
I get to the permissions schemes page but I don't see anything called "permission helper"
If you are sure that you have the rights and there is no condition etc, then go to Integrity Checker page and "Check Workflow Integrity" for illegal states. Rarely it happens, but I had such behaviours a couple times, and fixed like this.
If that issue exists after checking, "fix" button will be seen.
Yes, there are no conditions on the transition. I am the release manager so this last step is something I am supposed to do. I'll visit the integrity checker page (Never knew it existed)! Thanks
This screenshot is not the proof that you have all those permissions.
Actually, for the permission helper to work, you have to select:
After that, a summary with a conclusion on whether you have the permission or not would be shown.
Hope it helps.
Oh... I will check further thanks!
Yes I checked and also looked at the permission scheme. Editors can close and resolve an issue and I am a member of editors.
I did realize it is project related as I can see the final transition on a different project that uses the same workflow scheme.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.