Can you filter the User Mention list to only list those people with access to that specific project ?. I don't want users having the entire list of users to select from.
Hi @Suzanne Stockden,
do you mean the share-function of an issue? If so, then you can't filter the list.
If you mean a custom field with a user picker, you can filter users in the field configuration:
Hi @Thomas Schlegel
The function I'm referring to I the one I just used to tag you into this reply. Perhaps that is the share function you are referring to ?.
We have many customers who are all listed under a JIRA-USER group, and we assign the relevant people to their related project. If I give JIRA-USER the ability to browse the user list in global settings giving them the ability to use the '@' function to tag people into JIRA's , they will see everyone in that list regardless of customer. Is there a way of filtering the list that apears when you enter '@' to just list those people with access to that particular project ?
I'm sorry, but I never heard of that.
If you don't want your users to see other users, I think you have to disable the "browse-users" global permission completely.
Ok, but they need the "browse-users" to be able to tag people in a JIRA comment like this@Thomas Schlegel don't they ?
Maybe its the way we have set our access/groups up that is preventing this from working correctly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.