I am trying to call some code on state change of an issue(to-do-in progress).
How we can call the code using script runner?
You should open the issue workflow in the edit mode. Choose the transaction, which leads from the TO DO status to the In Progress status, add Script Post Function and write there your script.
Thanks Alexey Matveev COMMUNITY CHAMPION for quick response.
I am new user for Jira and script runner.
But I followed your step but I am not understand (what exact choose transaction from the TO DO status)
can you please let me know what exact I should do for the same.
What is the button called which leads from the To Do status to the In Progress status? Transaction has the same name. Here is my screenshot:
Thanks Alexey Matveev COMMUNITY CHAMPION.
It is really useful for me.
now I am looking post function
Script runner is required for the same purpose?
When you click on the Transition(id), the Transition screen will show up. Select the Post Function tab and click on "Add Post Function"
A new screen will open, asking you to select the type of function you wish to implement. In your case, since you want to call custom code, you need to select "Script Post-Function" option from the list and click on "Add". In the next screen, select "Custom script post-function" which will allow you to script your groovy code in the blue text box.
Hssh !!! That was too much of typing for me. but hope this will help you.
Hi Ajit Rajput,
Yes it is rally help for me.
Thank you so much
Hi Ajit,
Now I want to generate log on click To Do button(workflow).
Can you please let me know?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.