I am pretty much at my wits end. I am trying tom configure the dbconfig.xml file using the bin/config.sh method. This is my dbhconfig.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jira-database-config>
<name>defaultDS</name>
<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>
<database-type>postgres72</database-type>
<jdbc-datasource>
<url>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jiradb</url>
<driver-class>org.postgresql.Driver</driver-class>
<username>jira</username>
<password>xxxxxx</password>
<pool-min-size>20</pool-min-size>
<pool-max-size>20</pool-max-size>
<pool-max-wait>30000</pool-max-wait>
<validation-query>select 1</validation-query>
<min-evictable-idle-time-millis>60000</min-evictable-idle-time-millis>
<time-between-eviction-runs-millis>300000</time-between-eviction-runs-millis>
<pool-max-idle>20</pool-max-idle>
<pool-remove-abandoned>true</pool-remove-abandoned>
<pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>300</pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>
<pool-test-on-borrow>false</pool-test-on-borrow>
<pool-test-while-idle>true</pool-test-while-idle>
</jdbc-datasource>
</jira-database-config>
This is the output from config.sh:
Database Selection [P]>
PostgreSQL Database Configuration.
Hostname (localhost)>
Port (5432)>
Database (jiradb)>
Username (jira)>
Password (*****)>
Test Connection ([Y]/N)? > y
Attempting to connect to localhost:5432/jiradb
*** Connection failed: Could not connect to the DB: Connection attempt timed out.
--- Database Selection ---
Database Type : PostgreSQL
Instance : localhost:5432/jiradb
Connect As : jira / *****
I can connect to the server using psql from the command line as user jira using the password above, output as follows:
root@ws00:/opt/atlassian/jira# psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U jira -d jiradb
Password for user jira:
psql (9.5.12)
SSL connection (protocol: TLSv1.2, cipher: ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, bits: 256, compression: off)
Type "help" for help.
jiradb=>
What am I missing?