Hello there,
We are currently evaluating Confluence und we are quiet happy with it. Now we are considering to buy a license for it. But now we are a way too confused about the amount of licensed user. In the system information Confluence shows us 115 users und I can find all of them while searching for users (*). The price different between the 100 and 500 user license is not very small so I want to get sure.
I often read about licensed users are only those who have global permission "can use" (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions). In our case we have 84 users in confluence-users (with some deactived user as well) and 2 in confluence-administrator. This two groups are the only one with "can use" permission. In consideration of the confluence page above this means we have <= 86 users who need a license?
Final question now: Do we need a 100 license or a 500 user license?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Dominic