Hello, I want to know in which dashboards the "Jira Issues Calendar" gadget is used. Is there a way to filter or select this? Thank you for the help.
There is a bit of a horrible SQL query you can use if you have db access, but that s about it.
I'd look at why you're asking this question, and then secondly, "turn if off and see who complains"
No way through the browser. If you can query the database, something like this worked for me work:
select pagenamefrom portalpage pwhere p.id in (select PORTALPAGEfrom portletconfigurationwhere GADGET_XML like '%calendar-gadget%')
Hello Nic, I want to get rid of an old add-on "Calendar Plugin" which provides that "Jira issues calendar". Just disabling it and see who complains is my Plan B. Plan A was to investigate usage before disabling it, but based on all info I was already affraid that Plan A isn't really an option. Question: by disabling the add-on I just prevent the functionality of the add-on being used anymore and I get insight where the functionality was used. Better to disable than the uninstall?
Makes sense. Kian's answer is the only option you have for plan A, if you need that list of usage.
Disabling the add-on will have no effect other than to hide the functions from people. The gadget will simply stop showing on their dashboards, and the calendar won't appear in projects any more. If you re-enable it, they will all come back. Definitely disable it first, leave it for a while and then uninstall when you're sure you no longer need it.
Used it to return a list of users using the Activity Stream gadget. Kudos!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.