Hi
I had Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo on a single (Windows) server all in trial mode. Everything was working great and I decided to buy all 4 tools.
Bitbucket and Confluence both complained about the database collation (I think it was)...
Bitbucket reinstalled fine without issue.. Confluence has been a PITA.
I first tried backing up and doing a restore, but it "just didn't work". As I only had a handful of pages, I thought it was easier to start from scratch. I have now uninstalled/reinstalled over 10 times now and I seemingly get different errors at random.
I have tried to clear all confluence files and folders that I can see, but, I was wondering if there are any other locations aside from c:\program files\atlassian\application data\confluence and c:\program files\atlassian\confluence?
The main two errors I get are:
1. I run the installer, the last step is to start the Confluence service - it doesn't auto start and the webpage isn't there. If I look in the event viewer I see:
The Atlassian Confluence.0 Confluence090517094935 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s).
If I manually start the service, it starts and I can browse to the setup page.
50% of the time, it loads with an error:

the rest of the time, I am able to get past this first stage, supply DB credentials (which pass test) and I can verify it creates the database. After a while, it goes to the next page which looks unthemed (I can't remember/not sure if it should be):

It doesn't matter if I chose Example or Empty site, the next page takes a while, it then asks me to set up authentication and I chose JIRA each time. It then forwards me to this error:

I have tried going through the logs, but, I'm not a Java dev and I see nothing obvious popping out at me.
The only relevant logs I believe:
c:\program files\atlassian\application data\confluence\logs\atlassian-confluence.log
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\logs\catalina.2018-05-06
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\logs\confluence090517094935-stderr.2018-05-06
We have been months without Confluence! And, we are at the point where we need to start using it! Can anyone please offer some assistance?
Thanks