I'm looking for a way to make labels mandatory when creating or updating a confluence page. The requirement is to have at least 3 labels per page.
How would I best achieve it?
Hello,
In Admin section you can include custom HTML. I guess you can include script tag in that HTML to achive this.
Please refer : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Use+JavaScript+in+Confluence
Hope this helps.
If there were some logic for how users went about creating a page, then you could use some templates that contains some or all of the labels. This would be the quick/dirty solution and probably isn't applicable. The real solution would probably involve some heavy JS or JQuery lifting to enforce.
Hi Matthew, thanks for your reply. I was thinking about a plugin rather. If there is no plugin - where would I put my jquery code? Can you guide me into the right direction?
I was thinking that you could do it on page load. You can add jQuery to the header of the HTML page. Maybe you can add labels directly, or maybe you can do it with a REST call from jQuery. Sorry I don't have time to look into it further, but maybe someone else can chime in that might have done this before.
Hello Matthew. I would trigger it when the user clicks on save or preview. But into which file would I write my jquery code into?
I would start by trying it in the HTML header of the create page action. I haven't thought this through yet, but there's probably a way to trigger the add label function off of the create page function.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.