When an issue is labelled as "done" or "resolved" a user should not be able to record time to that issue, however users still have access. Does anyone know what I'm missing?
Hello Akwiwu,
You need to clarify.
- What do you mean by 'labelled as done or resolved'? Are those statuses? resolutions?
- How did you try to achieve that users would not have access to record time (I think this is logging work)?
If you try to add workflow status property to restrict worklog, could you share it with us?
Anyway, give every details.
Hi Akwiwu,
Are you using JIRA Cloud or Server? I believe his other thread may have the answer to your question:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-prevent-logging-work-time-on-a-closed-JIRA-issue/qaq-p/22988
Carlos
Hi Carlos,
I'm using JIRA cloud. From reading the thread it looks like the solution is not for the cloud hosted version.
Hi Tuncay,
Those are statuses.
We do allow users to record time (log work)
We did not try to add workflow. I believe that is a solution for Jira Server, not cloud. We are working with jira cloud.
Ok,
Add below workflow property to those statuses to restrict logging
name: jira.permission.workvalue: false
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.