Hi all,
can I give a specific group Edit Permission only in the status "NEW"? I'm pretty sure that this is not applicable per jira default. But with Script Runner ?
best,
vedat
Hello @Celik Vedat,
You can do this natively using workflow properties:
jira.issue.editable
jira.permission.edit.group
This blog post may help you: Editing Closed Issues without Reopening in JIRA.
Hope this helps,
- Manon
Am I doing smth wrong here? It's not working
Hello Vedat,
If your group name is the one you typed into property value and you filled those properties to the appropriate transition, it should work.
Make sure that you already given the "Edit Issue" permission to that group in permission scheme. I mean, workflow permissions can only restrict permissions that are defined in the permission scheme. It can not grant permissions that are not in permission scheme.
so this means if I grant edit permission for the group mentioned above, i have to add a property for each status where they shouldn't be able to edit issues?
Like:
jira.issue.editable = false & jira.permissions.edit.group = grp.jira-1-t-bdm-create ?
You can do this using workflow property jira.permission.edit.groupYou will need to navigate to the group in User Management then copy the Group ID that at the end of the URL.
I was able to prevent all user except a specific group from editing issues while they were in the "Pending Approval" status. When I add the same workflow scheme for the JWM project to a test JSM project, it gave the ability to "Add an approval step" to a status in the workflow. Now, only managers have the ability to change the Approvers and transition issues within this status.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.