Hello Community!
I'm having an issue where I've upgraded an Atlassian Confluence instance to 6.7.2, and PostgreSQL to 9.6
In order to use the new PostgreSQL version, I need to change the port that is used in the confluence.cfg.xml file. Currently it's defined as:
name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/confluence</property>.
The new cluster version 9.6 runs on port 5433.
So what I did was shutdown Confluence, changed the port from 5432 to 5433, and then start Confluence again. But it never came back up. So I checked the log file for 9.6 under /var/log/.. and it was spammed with the following:
Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 92: "host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5" 2018-04-17 12:03:18 CEST FATAL: password authentication failed for user "username" 2018-04-17 12:03:18 CEST DETAIL: Role "username" does not exist.
Apparently I don't quite understand how PostgreSQL databases and clusters work.
My understanding, from an 'upgrade PostgreSQL'-article, was that I should install the new version, and upgrade the old to the latest version using sudo pg_upgradecluster.
How can the user not exist for the new cluster?
I'm beginning to think that the 9.6 version is empty - but then again, my knowledge of how PostgreSQL works and its clusters, is very limited - at best.
Ver Cluster Port Status Owner Data directory Log file
9.1 main 5432 online postgres /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.1-main.log
9.3 main 5435 down postgres /var/lib/postgresql/9.3/main /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.3-main.log
9.6 main 5433 online postgres /var/lib/postgresql/9.6/main /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.6-main.log
9.6 main_pristine 5434 online postgres /var/lib/postgresql/9.6/main_pristine /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.6-main_pristine.log
Please let me know if you need more information if anything is unclear.
Thanks!