We're experimenting with setting up Stash and want to use it with Crowd. So far so good, but I am concerned that I think I've found a bit of a showstopper that might mean we have to look at an alternative solution ...
The issue we've got is around the username. Because our authentication platform has to support external as well as internal users, I've adopted email addresses as the value for "cn" in LDAP and firstname.lastname as the value for "uid" in LDAP. These map onto "User Name Attribute" and "User Name RDN Attribute" in Crowd.
This works really well with JIRA and Confluence but I think is going to be a bit of a problem with Stash because the Stash URLs have the username in them, like this:
<a href="http://philip.colmer%40linaro.org@its.git.linaro.org:7990/scm/it/fred.git" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">http://philip.colmer%40linaro.org@its.git.linaro.org:7990/scm/it/fred.git</a>
and what the users are used to is something more like:
http://philip.colmer@its.git.linaro.org:7990/scm/it/fred.git
This is a bit optimistic of a question but are there any solutions to this, e.g. an add-on or similar?
Thanks.